Welcome back Gashland Baptist Church Family! After sheltering in place for the past many weeks, we are going to attempt opening with Sunday Morning Worship Only this Sunday, June 7th! As you consider returning to church, here are some guidelines we would like you to help us with as you return.
Please keep in mind that these guidelines are not about you and your rights, but about being a good neighbor!
1. Worship begins at . . . 10:45 a.m. Doors open at 10:15 a.m. You may want to visit with others, but we don’t want the foyer to be packed to social distance 2. We Encourage you to . . .
- Wear a mask, but once seated in your pew you may remove it if you desire
- DO NOT shake hands, fist bump or hug
- Stay home if you don’t feel well or are running a temperature
3. Welcome Centers will have . . .
- Extra Masks
- Lysol/Clorox Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Offering Basket for Tithes
4. Greeters will . . . open doors for attenders -prop outside inner doors open -wear masks and gloves -stand at the Welcome Center to assist you with any needs you might have -wipe down bathroom surfaces and entry doors handles after service begins -monitor offering baskets at Welcome Centers after the service
5. The Worship Center . . .
- every other pew will be roped off and we blocked off a 6ft section in the middle of each pew to make social distancing easier and families can sit together
- at the conclusion of the worship service, you will be dismissed by rows for social distancing purposes
6. Lose Ends
- The Education Building will be closed off, so please help us keep this area sanitized by staying behind the barricades.
- No nursery or children’s classes are provided at this time, so families please sit together for worship.
- An average of 300 households watch our services each week, therefore we will continue to livesteam Worship @ 10:45 a.m. and Brent Morris’ Sunday School Class will change to 6:00 p.m. Sunday evenings.
- Let me also give each of you permission not to return for a while if you don’t feel comfortable! I know that everyone has different levels of anxiety and concern over COVID-19, so do what you feel is right for you!
Thank you for helping us by following these guidelines! The Pandemic has changed the way we do church for a while, but we are praying that we can get back to a more normal routine in the weeks to come!
Love in Christ,
Pastor George & Staff