Welcome to Gashland Baptist Church’s new website. As you might have noticed, there are a lot of new features here, and with lots of new features usually comes a bug or two. Please let us know if you find anything that’s not working right, or if you just need a little help. On the Contact page, select “Webmaster” from the dropdown and let us know what’s happening.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Sermons – You now have the option (starting with 4/20/2014) to watch video, listen to audio, and download the slide presentation in PDF format for each sermon. You can access the 5 most recent sermons right from the homepage. Click the title to view the full page, or click on the little TV, headphones, or PDF icon to get that content. For older sermons you can visit the Sermons page on the main menu.
- Prayer Requests – We’ve redone the prayer request function for the new website. Instead of emailing to a distribution list, simply fill out the Prayer Request form on the Requests page and hit submit. The request will go immediately to the entire Prayer Warrior mailing list. That’s all there is to it.
- Ministries – You can view any of our Ministry’s pages from the Ministries dropdown menu. If you are a committee chair or a ministry leader, you can submit new content and edits for your ministry’s page using the Contact form on the Contact page, selecting Webmaster as recipient.
- Events – Upcoming events are displayed on the homepage and on the Events page in chronological order. If an upcoming event is missing, let the Webmaster or Secretary know using the Contact form on the Contact Page.
- Blog – The blog is a repository for posts from Pastor George, as well as announcements, weekly churchwide updates, and other information that doesn’t fit anywhere else.
- Registration and Subscriptions – By registering on the GBC website, you can sign up for and manage what information you’d like to get emailed. For example, if you want to receive the Pastor’s weekly update, you can register then select “Weekly Updates.” Each time a new update is posted, an email will come to you with a link directly to the update.
- To register, use the link at the bottom left of the homepage, or on the right sidebar of any of the main pages.
- An email will come to you automatically with your password
- Once logged in, you can view your dashboard. One of the menu items is “Subscribe2” – Under Subscribe2, you can select what categories (if any) you’d like to get updates via email. You can always change or deselect these at any time if you change your mind.
- As we add new features to the site, you’ll automatically be granted access if you are a registered user. For example, the church directory will be added to the website soon, but only visible to registered church members.
Again, don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions, concerns, or problems.