Gashland Baptist Church
1. Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North America Missions – The Southern Baptist Convention has around 10,000 missionaries in N. America starting new churches and trying to reach different people groups in our land. Our goals is $1,800! We have received as of today $1,916.55! “Firmly Planted” is the theme this year with Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23 as the key passage. Ask God what He would have you give to support our SBC missionaries in North America.
2. Neighborhood Blitz – We had 10 people show up on Tuesday evening, so we divided into 5 teams and left door hangers on 400 homes in about an hour to an hour & a half. It was a great time!
3. Sewing Sisters – Thursday, April 3, 12-4 p.m. in room 209. If you like to sew or would like to learn to sew, come join these ladies as they do various projects for the community. Their project for April 3rd is to sew baby bibs and burp clothes. Come and join the fun!
4. Missions to Nebraska Meeting – Sunday, April 6th immediately following the morning service at the front of the Worship Center. If you are interested in going to Nebraska to help a couple of new church plants, plan to be at the meeting. There is really no limit to the number of people that could go on this mission trip.
5. Ladies Retreat – April 11-12 at New Hope Retreat Center. The cost is $20 per person! Last Sunday was the last day to sign-up. Visit with Sanja Burgess if you have any questions.
6. Missouri Music Men Concert – Thursday evening, April 10th at 7:00 p.m. As most of you are aware, Ted Yoder has been an active member of M.M.M. which is made up of Music Ministers all over the state of Missouri. Let me invite all of you to plan to attend this wonderful concert in the worship center. There will be a love offering taken to help support this ministry.
7. Family Easter Celebration – Saturday, April 12th from noon to 3:00 p.m. The Children’s Council still needs about 500-750 more eggs. We need a lot of individually wrapped candy for this event. The Children’s Council will provide the meat, but they need desserts & side dishes. We hope to have over 100 children in attendance, so any help would be appreciated. If you can also help with crafts, games, entertainment and the egg dash, please see a member of the Children’s Council.
8. “Easter Basket Love” for Love INC – We have partnered with Love INC for years and they are asking us to host an Easter Basket giving on April 14-16! Items that we need donated are: Easter Baskets, grass, eggs, candies, smaller toys, coloring books, etc. We will be serving around 150 children. Leave these items in the purple bucket outside the church office.
9. Good Friday Service – Friday, April 18th at 7:00 p.m. I want to personally invite you to join us for our Good Friday Service! Let me ask that as you enter the Worship Center that you not visit, but take time to reflect on all of the events of this day when Jesus died for you and me. We will close this service with communion and a challenge to let the Love of Christ shine through you each and every day.
10. “Easter Morning Worship Celebration” – Sunday, April 20th @ 10:45 a.m. I am hoping that we have over 300 in attendance this Easter. Please be sure to invite family and friends who do not have a church home to our worship celebration. Invite them to join you for Bible study and then to stay for worship. In order to accommodate this many cars in our parking lot, we need for many of you to park in the grass in the east lot. If you are willing to parking in the Kmart parking lot, please do that as well. I do this every Sunday! I would hate for someone to come to Gashland and not be able to find a parking space.
Always read your bulletin for all of the upcoming activities at Gashland. Don’t forget the 10/5/2 rules. When you drive into the parking lot, anyone who comes within 10’, you should greet. When you reach your Bible study class or enter worship, take the first 5 minutes to introduce yourself to anyone you don’t know. Welcome them to our service! Finally, If you ever see someone sitting alone at Gashland, go and sit with them or invite them to come and sit with you. This is the 2 person rule! You can help us make a positive impression with our visitors! All of these things will help us to grow as God’s church!
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell