Gashland Baptist Church
1. Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North America Missions – The Southern Baptist Convention has around 10,000 missionaries in N. America starting new churches and trying to reach different people groups in our land. Our goals is $1,800! We have received as of today $1,670! “Firmly Planted” is the theme this year with Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23 as the key passage. Ask God what He would have you give to support our SBC missionaries in North America.
2. Church-wide work day – Saturday, March 29 from 8:00 a.m. til around 2:00 p.m. We still need many workers on Saturday to help finish up some painting, but mainly we need people who are willing to help put the classrooms back to their original condition. We also need people who would be willing to clean, wipe down tables & chairs, vacuum, etc. Lunch will be provided, so plan to give us a hand!
3. Real. Simple. Evangelism Training – Sunday, March 30 from 5-7:00 p.m. in the Worship Center. Ben Schatz will be leading this training and he will provide you with 5 simple ways to share your faith with those you know are lost. This training will be in place of evening worship, so plan to come to this entire training which starts at 5:00 p.m.
4. Neighborhood Blitz – Ben Schatz is putting together a neighborhood blitz for Tuesday evening, April 1 at 6:00 p.m. We are hoping to blitz 400 homes and distribute information about our Easter activities & worship. We also would like to give each home a Bible, so we could use as many of you as possible, hopefully 20-30. Place this on your calendar!
5. Sewing Sisters – Thursday, April 3, 12-4 p.m. in room 209. If you like to sew or would like to learn to sew, come join these ladies as they do various projects for the community. Their project for April 3rd is to sew baby bibs and burp clothes. Come and join the fun!
6. Ladies Retreat – April 11-12 at New Hope Retreat Center. The cost is $20 per person! This is the last Sunday to sign-up, so be sure to place your name on the sheet on the office window. I believe that they already have around 20 ladies planning to attend. It will be a great time to get to know other ladies in our church.
7. Missouri Music Men Concert – Thursday evening, April 10th at 7:00 p.m. As most of you are aware, Ted Yoder has been an active member of M.M.M. which is made up of Music Ministers all over the state of Missouri. Let me invite all of you to plan to attend this wonderful concert in the worship center. There will be a love offering taken to help support this ministry.
8. New Member’s Class – Praise God for all of the new families that God is bringing into our church. I began a New Member’s Class last Sunday for anyone that has joined recently or has considered joining. This class will run until Sunday, April 13th at 9:30 a.m. in the Pastor’s Office. Please come and join us!
9. Family Easter Celebration – Saturday, April 12th from noon to 3:00 p.m. The Children’s Council needs 1,000 stuffed eggs, so please bring as many eggs as you can, stuffed with candy or not. If you can bring food that day, here is what is needed! The Children’s Council will provide the meat, but they need desserts & side dishes. We hope to have over 200 in attendance, so any help would be appreciated. If you can also help with crafts, games, entertainment and the egg dash, please see a member of the Children’s Council.
10. “Easter Basket Love” for Love INC – We have partnered with Love INC for years and they are asking us to host an Easter Basket giving on April 14-16! Items that we need donated are: Easter Baskets, grass, eggs, candies, smaller toys, coloring books, etc. We will be serving around 150 children. Leave these items in the purple bucket outside the church office.
Always read your bulletin for all of the upcoming activities at Gashland. Don’t forget the 10/5/2 rules. When you drive into the parking lot, anyone who comes within 10’, you should greet. When you reach your Bible study class or enter worship, take the first 5 minutes to introduce yourself to anyone you don’t know. Welcome them to our service! Finally, If you ever see someone sitting alone at Gashland, go and sit with them or invite them to come and sit with you. You can help us make a positive impression with our visitors! As Easter is approaching, I also need your help with additional parking. I need some of you to park in the Kmart parking lot so that we have enough room for our visitors in the church’s parking lots. Drop your families off at the church door and then park across Barry in the Kmart lot. Please park on the west end of the lot, down by Taco Bell. All of these things will help us to grow as God’s church!
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell