Gashland Baptist Church
1. Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North America Missions – We are taking this mission’s offering for Annie Armstrong, North America Missions. The Southern Baptist Convention has around 10,000 missionaries in N. America starting new churches and trying to reach different people groups in our land. Our goals is $1,800! “Firmly Planted” is the theme this year with Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23 as the key passage. Ask God what He would have you give to support our SBC missionaries in North America.
2. Youth Disciple Now Weekend – This Friday thru Sunday, March 14-16! The youth need to be at the church by 6:30 p.m. on Friday evening. The young people will be staying in host homes for the weekend, so that they can focus on growing their walk with the Lord. If you have youth that would like to be a part of this great weekend, please call Mary Crawford @ 816-804-4505. Please pray for our youth and the leaders of Disciple Now weekend.
3. Church Council Meeting – This Sunday evening @ 5:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. If you are a chairperson for your committee or team, please plan to attend this meeting as we calendar dates and discuss how we can better serve the congregation at GBC.
4. Special Offering this Sunday, March 16th – The Deacons would like to ask the church to assist them in taking a special love offering for the Zorns. Most of you remember that baby Hannah died on July 9, 2013. Scott & Rachel would like to place a headstone at her grave, but the cost is $1,550! If you would be willing to help with this need, the Deacons will be taking an offering at the close of the morning service on Sunday, March 16th. The Deacons will be standing at the back doors to the Worship Center and you are welcome to give them any donations there. All donations will go into the “Zorn Memorial” fund!
5. We need your HELP! – On Tuesday, March 18th, we have contracted with a cleaning company to strip and wax the Fellowship Hall floors and to clean the carpets in the Worship Center and foyer. The company recommended that we not walk on these floors for at least 24 hours. Could we ask that you not come to the church on this Tuesday, March 18th, to allow the work to be done and for the floors to dry! Thank You!
6. Ladies Craft Night – Thursday, March 20 from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. They will meet in the Fellowship Hall and they are making a Flower Pot Glove. Come for the fun & fellowship!
7. Men’s Retreat at New Hope Retreat Center – We are still looking for men who are interested in attending a Men’s Retreat on Friday thru Sunday, April 4-6! The cost is $20 per person. Please sign-up on the office window so that Scott Zorn knows how many to prepare.
8. New Member’s Class – Praise God for all of the new families that God is bringing into our church. I will be hosting another New Member’s Class for anyone that has joined recently or if you are considering joining. This class will begin on Sunday, March 23rd at 9:30 a.m. in the Pastor’s Office. Please come and join us!
9. Personnel Team Recommendation – The Personnel Team reviewed the needs of our church and felt it best to call an Associate Pastor of Youth & Children. This will be a full-time position and was approved by the church this past Sunday! They have already started to advertise for anyone wishing to be considered for this position. Pray that God would send that right person for this new role in our church.