Gashland Baptist Church
1. Adult New Believers Class – Began Sunday, Feb.23 @ 9:30 a.m. in the Pastor’s Office. This class will run for 3 consecutive weeks and it will cover topics such as: What it means to be born again, the importance of reading the Bible, the importance of daily prayer, why it is important to attend worship & Bible study each week, realize that we need to begin sharing our faith quickly after we have come to faith in Jesus Christ. If you are interested in attending this class, please join us this Sunday. You can even be a long term member of Gashland!
2. Week of Prayer for North America Missions – Beginning this Sunday, we will begin taking up the mission’s offering for Annie Armstrong, North America Missions. Our goals is $1,800! This Sunday, you will find in your bulletin a tri-fold which spotlights different Missionaries. “Firmly Planted” is the theme this year with Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23 as the key passage. Be sure to read about each of the Missionaries and then take a few moments to pray for them. This would be a great family devotional to do all of next week and allow your children to pray for the Missionary families.
3. Logos Newsletters available at Welcome Center – Be sure to pick up this quarter’s newsletter, so that you can read about all of the ministries that are going on at Gashland.
4. Daylight Savings Time – Don’t forget to set your clocks forward one hour on Saturday night, March 8th, before you go to bed. “Spring Forward One Hour!”
5. Sewing Sisters – Saturday, March 8th from 10:00 to 2:00! Bring snacks, a lunch, sewing machine, and kitchen towels. Come and help these ladies sew tie bags for City Union Mission. The fellowship will be great and if you don’t know how to sew, I am sure that some of the ladies would be glad to show you.
6. Ladies Bible Study – Study on the life of David “Seeking a heart like his!” by Beth Moore meets each Sunday evening at 5:00 p.m. in Room 209. All Ladies are welcome!
7. New “It’s never too late!” Bible study, written by Tony Evans – This study meets each Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. in Room 209! Libby Burgess is facilitating this study, so plan to join her. Call Libby if you have any questions about this class!
8. Youth Disciple Now Weekend – Friday thru Sunday, March 14-16! If you have youth that would like to be a part of this great weekend, please call Mary Crawford @ 816-804-4505. If you would be willing to host a small group of youth for this weekend, please call Mary as well.
9. Family Meal – Sunday, March 9th, immediately following the morning worship service. The youth will be putting on a potato bar for this meal. We still need you to bring sides and desserts. The Youth Council is asking families with a last name starting with A to M, to bring sides, such as salads, chili, casseroles, etc. If you last name starts with N to Z, please bring desserts. The Youth will do the rest! This meal is a fundraiser for youth camp this summer, so plan to help them all that you can.
10. Ministry Meeting – Sunday, March 9th @ 1:00 p.m. in the Worship Center. If you have recommendations for the Ministry Meeting, please put these in writing and submit them to Dawn in the office before March 5th. We have several reports and recommendations, so plan to be at this meeting.
11. Church Council Meeting – Sunday, March 16th at 5:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. We need to discuss activities that are coming up and be sure that everything is on the church calendar. Each Committee should have a representative at this meeting, so plan ahead.
12. Special Offering – The Deacons would like to ask the church to assist them in taking a special love offering for the Zorns. Most of you remember that baby Hannah died on July 9, 2013. Scott & Rachel would like to place a headstone at her grave, but the cost is $1,550! If you would be willing to help with this need, the Deacons will be taking an offering at the close of the morning service on Sunday, March 16th. The Deacons will be standing at the back doors to the Worship Center and you are welcome to give them any donations there. All donations will go into the “Zorn Memorial” fund!
13. 3rd Floor Work Days – We will vote on the paint colors on March 9th, but the Long Range Planning/Decorating Team would like to invite as many as are available to help us paint all of the 3rd floor walls on Saturdays, March 22 & 29. We will work from 8:00 a.m. til around 2:00 p.m. The Kitchen Team will provide lunch on both of those days. Bring any paint supplies that you might have with you, but we have already purchased many items.
Always read your bulletin for all of the upcoming activities at Gashland. Don’t forget the 10/5/2 rules that I have been placing in the Logos for the past year and welcome all of our guests each Sunday. You can help us make a positive impression with our visitors! Additional Parking, we need some of you to park in the Kmart parking lot so that we have enough room for our visitors. Please park on the west end of the lot, down by Taco Bell. If you are interested in knowing more about GBC’s closing policy for winter weather, please be sure to visit our website at www.gashlandbc.org for details.
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell