Gashland Baptist Church
1. Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North America Missions – Our goal is $1,800! We have received as of today $4,281.59! All of you are amazing! You have more than doubled this goal and I am thrilled at your continued progress. This is the last Sunday that we will be receiving this offering, so if you still feel led to give, please do so this Sunday.
2. Missions to Nebraska – If you are interested in going on a mission trip to Nebraska this summer, see someone on the mission’s team. This team is made up of John Guyer, Dawn Kendall, Terry Hensley, Betty Jones & Roxie Pilla. There is really no limit to the number of people that could go on this mission trip, so if you are interested, get on board.
3. Good Friday Service – Friday, April 18th at 7:00 p.m. I want to personally invite you to join us for our Good Friday Service! Let me ask that as you enter the Worship Center that you not visit, but take time to reflect on all of the events of this day when Jesus died for you and me. We will close this service with communion and a challenge to let the Love of Christ shine through us each and every day.
4. “Easter Morning Worship Celebration” – Sunday, April 20th @ 10:45 a.m. I am hoping that we have over 300 in attendance this Easter. Please be sure to invite family and friends who do not have a church home to our worship celebration. Invite them to join you for Bible study at 9:30 a.m. and then to stay for worship. In order to accommodate this many cars in our parking lot, we need for many of you to park in the grass in the east lot. If you are willing to parking in the Kmart parking lot, please do that as well. I park in the Kmart lot each Sunday! Please come prepared to celebrate all that Jesus Christ has done for you and me!
- Family Easter Celebration – Saturday, April 12th. I believe that the Children’s Council counted around 150 in attendance. It was a beautiful day and everyone appeared to have a great time. Thank you for all of your donations and to those who volunteered to setup, serve and cleanup! We had a lot of visitors.
6. Men’s Breakfast – Sunday, April 27th at 8:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. All men are welcome! We have our usual chef’s on duty that Sunday, so there will be scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage & bacon. Of course there will be coffee, orange juice & milk! The fellowship will be great, so men, make plans to be there. Donations will be accepted!
7. National Day of Prayer – Thursday, May 1! There are actually 2 places that you can be involved. If you are available during the lunch hour, there is a group of us that will be meeting on the steps of the Gladstone City Hall. Arrive at 12:15 p.m. and we will be done praying by 12:40 p.m. If that time does not work for you, than plan to be in our Worship Center Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. for a time of prayer for our nation and all of our leaders.
Always read your bulletin for all of the upcoming activities at Gashland. Don’t forget the 10/5/2 rules. When you drive into the parking lot, anyone who comes within 10’, you should greet. When you reach your Bible study class or enter worship, take the first 5 minutes to introduce yourself to anyone you don’t know. Welcome them to our service! Finally, If you ever see someone sitting alone at Gashland, go and sit with them or invite them to come and sit with you. This is the 2 person rule! You can help us make a positive impression with our visitors! All of these things will help us to grow as God’s church!
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell