Gashland Baptist Church
1. Annie Armstrong Easter Offering Results – Our goal was $1,800! We actually received $4,473.59! Praise God for your generous giving. Realize that you are helping missionaries to reach more people in N. America with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
2. Missions to Nebraska – If you are interested in going on a mission trip to Nebraska this summer, see someone on the mission’s team. This team is made up of John Guyer, Dawn Kendall, Terry Hensley, Betty Jones & Roxie Pilla. There is really no limit to the number of people that could go on this mission trip, so if you are interested, get on board.
3. Good Friday Service – Friday, April 18th at 7:00 p.m. We had about 125 in attendance for this service. What a great time of reflection and recommitment to our Lord through communion. Thanks for making this service so wonderful!
4. “Easter Morning Worship Celebration” – Sunday, April 20th @ 10:45 a.m. Chuck Fletcher said that we had 333 in attendance on Easter Sunday. God is amazing! We also added 3 new persons to our church, so be sure to welcome Bill & Brenda O’Tool and Adam ?? The Greeters said that we had a few extra parking spaces, so thank you for parking the Kmart lot and in the grassy areas.
5. Men’s Breakfast – Sunday, April 27th at 8:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Calling all men to come and join us for breakfast and fellowship! We have our usual chef’s on duty that Sunday, so there will be great food. Donations will be accepted!
6. National Day of Prayer – Thursday, May 1! There are actually 2 places that you can be involved. If you are available during the lunch hour, there is a group of us that will be meeting on the steps of the Gladstone City Hall. Arrive at 12:15 p.m. and we will be done praying by 12:40 p.m. If that time does not work for you, than plan to be in our Worship Center Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. for a time of prayer for our nation and all of our leaders here in America.
7. Children’s Camp Fundraiser – Sunday, May 4th before Sunday School, before & after Sunday morning worship. This is a bake sale and all of the proceeds will go to help our children to go to camp in July. See Andrea Morris for more details!
8. Ministry Meeting – Sunday evening, May 4th at 6:00 p.m. in the worship center. We voted to move this meeting ahead one Sunday due to the second Sunday being Mother’s Day. If you have a report or recommendation, they need to be turned in to the office by Wednesday, April 30.
9. Parent/Child Dedication – Sunday, May 11th at 10:45 a.m. If you are interested in dedicating your baby or child, please contact Hope Graham. The Dedication will take place during the morning worship service.
Always read your bulletin for all of the upcoming activities at Gashland. Don’t forget the 10/5/2 rules. When you drive into the parking lot, anyone who comes within 10’, you should greet. When you reach your Bible study class or enter worship, take the first 5 minutes to introduce yourself to anyone you don’t know. Welcome them to our service! Finally, If you ever see someone sitting alone at Gashland, go and sit with them or invite them to come and sit with you. This is the 2 person rule! You can help us make a positive impression with our visitors! All of these things will help us to grow as God’s church!
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell