Gashland Baptist Church
1. Youth Fundraiser for Camp – Pizza Ranch in Liberty on May 29th from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. The youth will be cleaning tables and serving all patrons on this evening. They will be receiving 15% of the proceeds that evening, but you must tell the cashier that you are there for the “Gashland Baptist Church Youth”. Invite friends and other family members to come and show support for our youth on this night. The youth are headed to Camp Revolution on June 23-27!
2. Vacation Bible School – Making Decorations Party! Wednesday evening, June 4th at 6:30 p.m. in room 209. V.B.S. is calendared for June 15-20 and the theme this year is “Weird Animals, Where Jesus’ Love is One-of-a-kind”. If you like to create, plan to join this activity!
3. June 1st activities:
- Promotion Sunday, which is a time for our children to promote to their next Sunday School class for the year.
- Sharing the Lord’s Supper in the morning worship service.
- Nebraska Team Leader’s Meeting, 12:00 noon in the Worship Center
- Deacon’s Meeting – 5:00 p.m. in Room 208!
- Sunday evening, Youth “Yuck Nite” in the grassy area across the street. (No youth will be harmed in this activity, but they will get messy)
- Neighbor to Neighbor – Each year our church puts on a “Free Garage Sale”. We call it Neighbor to Neighbor. We ask that you go through your gently used clothes, small appliances, etc. and see if there are things that you would be willing to donate to the church. About 6-10 people will organize it in the Fellowship Hall and for 3 days they invite area residents to come and take whatever they need. Everyone is given a brochure about our church, Bibles and they are shared with about the love of Jesus! You may bring your donations on June 11 & the Neighbor to Neighbor is held on June 12-14! 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday & Friday & 8:00 a.m. to noon on Saturday! All leftover donations are given to Synergy.
5. New Adult Believer’s Class – Starting Sunday, June 15th thru 29th and they will meet in the choir room at 9:30 a.m. This class is for anyone who has recently come to faith in Jesus Christ and wants to know more. Ben Schatz will be leading this class, so signup on the church office window if you plan to attend, so that we have plenty of books for everyone.
7. Church-wide Picnics – Each year throughout the summer months, we take the last Sunday of each month and have a picnic together. Our first picnic is scheduled for Sunday, June 29th at the Barry Platte Park from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. The church will provide some drinks, the meat, buns! We ask that everyone bring side dishes & desserts. Bring your own lawn chairs, games, etc.
Don’t forget: If you are willing, please park on Sunday mornings in the Kmart parking lot on the west end to open up more parking spaces for visitors! Also, always welcome all of our guests each week. Don’t assume that someone else is welcoming them or inviting them to come back. Introduce yourself and invite them to your Bible study! Ask them to sit with you and your family in worship. God is blessing us with more visitors all of the time, so we need to be good stewards of those that God is bringing into the church.
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell