Gashland Baptist Church
1. Special Called Business for June 22nd @ 6:00 p.m. – Everyone should have received a letter making you aware of the fact that the Personnel Team will be recommending Brandon Lansdown to be our Associate Pastor of Youth & Children. On the weekend of June 22nd, there will be several opportunities for you to meet Brandon & his family. Please be in prayer about this major decision for the church! He will be preaching in the morning service on June 22nd, so come and hear Brandon as he challenges us from God’s Word. If you know of a 3 bedroom home in the area that is for rent, you might call the church office, so that we can pass this information on to Brandon & Kassy.
2. Youth Fundraiser for Camp – The youth volunteered at Pizza Ranch in Liberty on May 29th from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. They waited tables and assisted all of the patrons. They received $319.50 in tips and they are still waiting to see what they earned with the 15% on proceeds. The youth are headed to Camp Revolution on June 23-27!
3. Vacation Bible School – Making Decorations Party! This Wednesday evening, June 11th at 6:30 p.m. in room 209. V.B.S. is calendared for June 15-20 and the theme this year is “Weird Animals, Where Jesus’ Love is One-of-a-kind”. If you like to create, plan to join this activity! We still need 7 Crew Leaders! You don’t have to prepare for this position, but you do need to commit to be here each night, Sunday thru Thursday!
4. Neighbor to Neighbor – Each year our church puts on a “Free Garage Sale”. We call it “Neighbor to Neighbor”. We ask that you go through your gently used clothes, small appliances, etc. and see if there are things that you would be willing to donate to the church. About 6-10 people will organize it in the Fellowship Hall and for 3 days they invite area residents to come and take whatever they need. Everyone is given a brochure about our church, Bibles and they are shared with about the love of Jesus! You may bring your donations on June 11 & the Neighbor to Neighbor is held on June 12-14! 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday & Friday & 8:00 a.m. to noon on Saturday! All leftover donations are given to Synergy.
5. New Adult Believer’s Class – Starting Sunday, June 15th thru 29th and they will meet in the choir room at 9:30 a.m. This class is for anyone who has recently come to faith in Jesus Christ and wants to know more. Ben Schatz will be leading this class, so signup on the church office window if you plan to attend, so that we have plenty of books for everyone.
6. www.gashlandbc.org – Check out our new website! Did you know that you can either watch, listen or print each Sunday morning’s sermon? Pete is downloading a video of the sermon, an audio of the sermon and also my PPT slides for you to print or review. If you have events or ideas for the website, e-mail Pete at email@example.com.
7. New Blinds installed in Education Building – I’m sure that most of you have noticed that the Long Range Planning/Decorating Team purchased new blinds for all of the windows in the Education Building. We had about 6 people from the church come and install them. They look great! Missy is trying to keep these closed whenever the area is not being used to save on utilities. Could I ask everyone to try and remember to close these blinds when you leave the area? This will help us save on utilities and help Missy with this task.
8. Church-wide Picnics – Each year throughout the summer months, we take the last Sunday of each month and have a picnic together. Our first picnic is scheduled for Sunday, June 29th. This first picnic will be at the church from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. The church will provide some drinks, the meat, buns and condiments! We ask that everyone bring side dishes & desserts. Bring your own lawn chairs, games, etc.
Don’t forget: If you are willing, please park on Sunday mornings in the Kmart parking lot on the west end to open up more parking spaces for visitors! Also, always welcome all of our guests each week. Don’t assume that someone else is welcoming them or inviting them to come back. Introduce yourself and invite them to your Bible study! Ask them to sit with you and your family in worship. God is blessing us with more visitors all of the time, so we need to be good stewards of those that God is bringing into the church.
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell