Gashland Baptist Church
1. Results from our Special Called Business on June 22nd – After a full day of activities, the church voted to call Brandon Lansdown to be our full-time Associate Pastor of Youth & Children. There were 90 who voted, 81 said “Yes”, 6 said “No”, and 3 abstained. That is a 90% vote in favor of calling Brandon. I don’t have an exact date that Brandon will begin, but I am guessing the week of July 6th. Please pray for Brandon, Kassy, Sophia, & Corban as they make GBC their new church home. I believe that Brandon is going to try to start on Sunday, July 13th, but that depends on finding a home and making the move.
2. Vacation Bible School – Through VBS & Your Generosity we have collected enough money to provide 183 children in India with clean water for 1 year. We will take this offering again this Sunday, just label your offering envelop “VBS” or “Operation Kid to Kid”. If you are interested in giving to this amazing cause and are unable to give this Sunday, please see Sherri McDowell or Hope Graham.
3. New Adult Believer’s Class – This Sunday, June 29th will be the last session! This class is designed for anyone who has recently trusted Jesus Christ as their Lord & Savior and wants to know more. Ben Schatz is leading this class!
4. Youth to Camp Revolution – Pray for our youth and sponsors as they are at Camp Revolution in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. They should return to the church around 5:30 p.m. on Friday. Pray that God has been at work in their lives and they will return pumped up and ready to change their schools for Christ.
5. Extended Session Meeting – If you work in extended session or you are interested in working in extended session, please plan to be at this important meeting, Sunday, June 29, 2014 @ 10:15 a.m. in the Worship Center. Hope has some very important information that she needs to discuss with every volunteer of our extended session. We are trying to make our children’s areas even better than they are at this time!
6. Church-wide Picnics – Our first picnic is scheduled for Sunday, June 29th. This first picnic will be at the church from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. The church will provide some drinks, the meat, buns and condiments! We ask that everyone bring side dishes & desserts. Bring your own lawn chairs, games, etc. Plan to join the fun!
7. New Member’s Class – To begin on Sunday, July 6th at 9:30 a.m. in the Pastor’s office. If you are a new member or you are interested in joining, this is a great class to find out more information on Gashland Baptist Church! Signup on the office window! This class will be led by the Pastor.
8. Ministry Meeting – Sunday evening, July 13th at 6:00 p.m. in the Worship Center. Recommendations and reports need to be in the office by Wednesday, July 9th.
Don’t forget: Read your bulletin each week to be completely informed on upcoming activities and services! See you on Sunday!
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell