Gashland Baptist Church
1. Lansdown move-in Party – Brandon & Kassy Lansdown are moving into their home on Friday, July 11th at 11:00 a.m. They could use a few strong backs and a few that are good at unpacking and helping them to get settled. If you are available, would you contact the church office, just so that we have an idea of how many are coming? Brandon will begin his new ministry as Associate Pastor of Youth & Children on Sunday, July 13th. Please be in prayer for Brandon as he begins this new ministry at Gashland.
2. Sunday School Teachers & Helpers needed – We are struggling to keep enough workers in our Preschool & Children’s Sunday School Classes. Would you prayerfully consider volunteering to serve with our boys and girls on Sunday mornings? They need men and women who are willing to invest in their lives in this most urgent of times. Contact the Nominating Committee if you are interested in helping fill this need! (Sherri McDowell, Roxie Pilla, Carmen Farmer & Pete Lucas)
3. Vacation Bible School – Through VBS & Your Generosity we have collected enough money to provide 203 children in India with clean water for 1 year. Thanks for your support with this ministry. I am sure that these children will be so appreciative of your generosity. We collected over $500!
4. Youth went to Camp Revolution – You will be seeing and hearing about the youth’s experience this past week at Camp Revolution. Please pray for our youth that God will continue to work in the hearts of our young people as God uses them to impact their Schools for His glory.
5. Coffee Time at Kate’s Kitchen – On the second Tuesday of each month a group of us meet at Kate’s Kitchen for a time of fellowship & coffee. If you are available, we would love to have you join us. Just be at Kate’s Kitchen at 8002 N Oak Trafficway this coming Tuesday, July 8th at 9:00 a.m. and join the fun. Each person is responsible for their own bill, so come prepared.
6. Children’s Camp – I believe that we have 19 children & 3-4 sponsors going to children’s camp at New Hope Retreat Center in Holt, MO. Camp will be held this year on July 14 to 18! The cost of camp this year is $128 per child. Andrea Morris says that we have about 8 children who want to go to camp, but funds are tight. If you feel led to help a child, please mark your envelops “Children’s Camp” and we will make sure that all of our children are allowed to go to camp this summer.
7. Nebraska Mission Trip – Our Missions Team has organized about 15 people to head to Minden, Nebraska on Sunday afternoon, July 13th and others will leave on Monday to do VBS, door-to-door surveys & other projects in Minden. Please keep this team of people in your prayers as they spread the Good News of the Gospel with those in Minden.
8. New Member’s Class – To begin on Sunday, July 6th at 9:30 a.m. in the Pastor’s office. If you are a new member or you are interested in joining, this is a great class to find out more information on Gashland Baptist Church! Signup on the office window! This class will be led by the Pastor.
9. Ministry Meeting – Sunday evening, July 13th at 6:00 p.m. in the Worship Center. Recommendations and reports need to be in the office by Wednesday, July 9th.
10. The Nursery is in need of 2 individuals this Sunday to work in the nursery from 10:30-12:00. If you are available, please see Hope Graham or Nicole Lucas. (816-616-6464)
Have a safe but wonderful time this weekend celebrating Independence Day on Friday! We live in a nation where we are free to assemble and to share the Good News of the Gospel with those who God places in our pathways. Allow God to use you this weekend to be His hands and feet!
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell