Gashland Baptist Church
- Special Called Ministry Meeting – Sunday evening, August 17th @ 6:00 p.m. in the Worship Center. This special called meeting will be to approve Brandon’s Housing Allowance. The IRS will not allow a recommendation on housing to be retro-active, therefore we need to vote a.s.a.p. on recommendation.
- AWANA Volunteers Needed – School started on August 13th & AWANA will also be starting Sept.3rd, so if you are willing to serve in the AWANA ministry, would you please sign up at the Welcome Center! This is a great ministry, but we need about 25-30 workers each Wednesday evening. We need a few leaders, but mainly we need helpers and listeners as the boys & girls share their memory verses each week. This is a rewarding ministry, but it requires about 30 volunteers each week!
- Eba Morris leaving for Mali on August 27 – Eba will be leaving for Mali to teach English in the University there. She will be leaving on Wednesday, Aug.27th. Please keep Eba in your prayers as she prepares to leave on mission with Avant Ministries. She plans to share more about this mission’s opportunity on Sunday, Aug.17th and then we will close the service by praying for her. I know that Eba is still looking for support, so if you are able and willing, visit with her about how you can help.
- Everett Pruitt’s Wedding – Everett Pruitt is getting married to Patty Cowan this Sunday afternoon at GBC at 1:30 p.m. in the worship center. He would like to invite his church family to come and witness this time of celebration. There will be a reception in the fellowship hall immediately following the wedding.
- “I’m a Christian Now!” Class – This class is for any children in the church who has expressed interest in trusting Jesus as their Savior. This class will begin on Sunday evenings at 6:00 p.m. in Room 105 in the basement. This class will be August 17, Sept.7, 14 & 21! They will not meet on Sunday, Aug.31 since this is Labor Day weekend. If you are interested in your child attending this class, please contact Phil Jones or Andrea Morris.
- Logos Articles due August 19th – If you are a committee chair or leader in the church and you would like to share with the congregation what is going on with your area of ministry, please have your article turned in to Dawn by Tuesday, August 19th
- Sunday School Teachers & Helpers needed – It appears that we are always looking for workers with our children’s ministries. Would you prayerfully consider volunteering to serve with our boys and girls in our Preschool & Children’s Sunday School each Sunday morning? They need men and women who are willing to invest in their lives in this most urgent of times. Contact the Nominating Committee if you are interested in helping fill this need! (Sherri McDowell, Roxie Pilla, Carmen Farmer & Pete Lucas)
- Preschool Department needs workers – The Children’s Council is also looking for men & women who would be willing to work with preschoolers one Sunday a month during the morning worship time. I challenge some of you to be willing to come & serve these little ones who need you. They are also looking for Greeters to check children in & out of the preschool area. If you feel that you could help in this area, would you please contact Hope Graham or Nicole Lucas.
- Church–wide Picnic – Sunday evening, August 24th from 4-7:00 p.m. at the church. The Deacons will provide fried chicken for this event. Bring side dishes, desserts and games and plan to join the fun. The weather has been just perfect!
- Journey to the HEART of God’s Word! – Brandon & I are joining with about 6 other churches in our Association who would like to provide a simple overview of the 39 books in the Old Testament. Block Saturday, September 20th for this event. Registration and a light continental breakfast will be provided at 8:00 a.m. and the study will start at 8:30 a.m. in the Worship Center. More details to follow!
I just want to encourage everyone who can park either in the lot east of the church or in the Kmart parking lot to please do so on Sunday mornings. We are running around 250 in worship each Sunday and I am being told that church parking spaces are a premium. If you are a Deacon or on the Praise Team, could I ask that you not park in the parking lot directly behind the church. Please save these spaces for our senior adults, handicapped and visitors.
We also are planning some Work Days September 6th and 13thfrom 8-2 pm do some more painting and just sprucing up our church for the fall. You will see more on this soon.
See you this Sunday,