Gashland Baptist Church
1. Missouri Music Men Concert – Thursday, April 10 @ 7:00 p.m. in the Worship Center. If you have never heard this group, please make plans to attend.
2. Ladies Retreat – April 11 & 12 at New Hope Retreat Center. Ladies need to meet at the church at 5:30 p.m. on Friday evening and caravan to New Hope together. The retreat will end around 11:00 a.m. and they should be back to the church by12:00 noon on Saturday. If you have questions, contact Sanja Burgess!
3. Family Easter Celebration – Saturday, April 12 from 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. The children’s council is providing the meat and condiments, but are asking that everyone bring side dishes and desserts to be shared with visiting families.
4. Children’s Camp Fundraiser – Sunday, April 13th. Andrea Morris has asked many of our members to bring baked goods and they will be sold for donations. These donations will be used to help our children to go to Children’s Camp this summer. Please come prepared to make a donation for our boys and girls!
5. Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North America Missions – The Southern Baptist Convention has around 10,000 missionaries in N. America starting new churches and trying to reach different people groups in our land. Our goals is $1,800! We have received as of today $4,086.59! “Firmly Planted” is the theme this year with Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23 as the key passage. Ask God what He would have you give to support our SBC missionaries in North America.
6. “Easter Basket Love” for Love INC – We have partnered with Love INC for years and they are asking us to host an Easter Basket giving on April 14-16! Items that we need donated are: Easter Baskets, grass, eggs, candies, smaller toys, coloring books, etc. We will be serving around 150 children. Leave these items in the purple bucket outside the church office.
7. Good Friday Service – Friday, April 18th at 7:00 p.m. I want to personally invite you to join us for our Good Friday Service! Let me ask that as you enter the Worship Center that you not visit, but take time to reflect on all of the events of this day when Jesus died for you and me. We will close this service with communion and a challenge to let the Love of Christ shine through you each and every day.
8. “Easter Morning Worship Celebration” – Sunday, April 20th @ 10:45 a.m. I am hoping that we have over 300 in attendance this Easter. Please be sure to invite family and friends who do not have a church home to our worship celebration. Invite them to join you for Bible study and then to stay for worship. In order to accommodate this many cars in our parking lot, we need for many of you to park in the grass in the east lot. If you are willing to parking in the Kmart parking lot, please do that as well. I do this every Sunday! I would hate for someone to come to Gashland and not be able to find a parking space.
Always read your bulletin for all of the upcoming activities at Gashland. Don’t forget the 10/5/2 rules. When you drive into the parking lot, anyone who comes within 10’, you should greet. When you reach your Bible study class or enter worship, take the first 5 minutes to introduce yourself to anyone you don’t know. Welcome them to our service! Finally, If you ever see someone sitting alone at Gashland, go and sit with them or invite them to come and sit with you. This is the 2 person rule! You can help us make a positive impression with our visitors! All of these things will help us to grow as God’s church!
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell