Gashland Baptist Church
1. Adult New Believers Class – Began Sunday, Feb.23 @ 9:30 a.m. in the Pastor’s Office. This class will run for 3 consecutive weeks and it will cover topics such as: What it means to be born again, the importance of reading the Bible, the importance of daily prayer, why it is important to attend worship & Bible study each week, realize that we need to begin sharing our faith quickly after we have come to faith in Jesus Christ. If you are interested in attending this class, please join us this Sunday. You can even be a long term member of Gashland!
2. Week of Prayer for North America Missions – Beginning this Sunday, we will begin taking up the mission’s offering for Annie Armstrong, North America Missions. Our goals is $1,800! “Firmly Planted” is the theme this year with Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23 as the key passage.
3. Logos Newsletters available at Welcome Center – Be sure to pick up this quarter’s newsletter, so that you can read about all of the ministries that are going on at Gashland.
4. Daylight Savings Time – Don’t forget to set your clocks forward one hour on Saturday night, March 8th, before you go to bed. “Spring Forward One Hour!”
6. Ladies Bible Study – Study on the life of David “Seeking a heart like his!” by Beth Moore meets each Sunday evening at 5:00 p.m. in Room 209. All Ladies are welcome!
7. New “It’s never too late!” Bible study, written by Tony Evans – This study meets each Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. in Room 209! Libby Burgess is facilitating this study, so plan to join her. Call Libby if you have any questions about this class!
8. Youth Disciple Now Weekend – Friday thru Sunday, March 14-16! If you have youth that would like to be a part of this great weekend, please call Mary Crawford @ 816-804-4505. If you would be willing to host a small group of youth for this weekend, please call Mary as well.
9. Family Meal – Sunday, March 9th, immediately following the morning worship service. The youth will be putting on a potato bar for this meal. We still need you to bring sides and desserts. The Youth Council is asking families with a last name starting with A to M, to bring sides, such as salads, chili, casseroles, etc. If you last name starts with N to Z, please bring desserts. The Youth will do the rest! This meal is a fundraiser for youth camp this summer, so plan to help them all that you can.
11. Church Council Meeting – Sunday, March 16th at 5:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. We need to discuss activities that are coming up and be sure that everything is on the church calendar. Each Committee should have a representative at this meeting, so plan ahead.
12. Special Offering – The Deacons would like to ask the church to assist them in taking a special love offering for the Zorns. Most of you remember that baby Hannah died on July 9, 2013. Scott & Rachel would like to place a headstone at her grave, but the cost is $1,550! If you would be willing to help with this need, the Deacons will be taking an offering at the close of the morning service on Sunday, March 16th. The Deacons will be standing at the back doors to the Worship Center and you are welcome to give them any donations there. All donations will go into the “Zorn Memorial” fund!
13. 3rd Floor Work Days – March 22nd and 29th – Decisions will be made at this Sunday’s Ministry Meeting that may affect these days. Please attend the meeting or look for updated info in next weeks email/ bulletin. Please stay tuned to know whether or not we will need all the help we can get, Thank you.
Sewing Sisters -Ladies, you are invited to join us on Saturday, March 8 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. You are invited even if you are unable to sew or have not sewn for some time.
Bring your own lunch, beverage, and sewing machine if you have one.
Ministry Meeting – Sunday, March 9th @ 1:00 p.m. in the Worship Center. Please make sure that if you didn’t turn in your recommendations that you have them in writing for Sunday, and copies made. Please plan to attend this meeting, many recommendations will be brought forth that really need your input on. Please come and contribute with your vote! Important Recommendations from Personnel and Long Term Planning and Decorating Team will be presented.
Always read your bulletin for all of the upcoming activities at Gashland. Don’t forget the 10/5/2 rules that I have been placing in the Logos for the past year and welcome all of our guests each Sunday. You can help us make a positive impression with our visitors! Additional Parking, we need some of you to park in the Kmart parking lot so that we have enough room for our visitors. Please park on the west end of the lot, down by Taco Bell. If you are interested in knowing more about GBC’s closing policy for winter weather, please be sure to visit our website at www.gashlandbc.org for details.
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell