Gashland Baptist Church
1. Special Called Business for June 22nd @ 6:00 p.m. – This is a big weekend for Gashland as we consider calling Brandon Lansdown to be our Associate Pastor of Youth & Children. I hope that you will be here on Sunday to meet Brandon and his family as he preaches in the morning service and answers questions in the evening service. Here is a brief schedule for Brandon on Sunday: Deacon’s prayer time at 8:30 a.m., Testimony & Bible study with the youth at 9:30 a.m., preach in the morning service, 10:45 a.m., get acquainted and eat lunch with the Youth & Children’s Council, Q & A time at 6:00 p.m., church will vote around 6:45 p.m. The Personnel Team will give a unanimous recommendation Sunday evening that we call Brandon full-time!
2. Vacation Bible School – “Weird Animals, Where Jesus’ Love is One-of-a-kind”. I believe that we averaged about 43 children and 30 workers for VBS this year. The attendance was a little down from last year, but the excitement was high. Everyone appeared to have a great time. Thanks for your prayers and support!
3. New Adult Believer’s Class – Started Sunday, June 15th thru 29th! If you would like to attend this class, you are still open to join them this Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. in the choir room. This class is for anyone who has recently come to faith in Jesus Christ and wants to know more. Ben Schatz will be leading this class.
4. Youth to Camp Revolution – Pray for our youth and sponsors as they head to Camp Revolution in Bentonville, Arkansas on Monday. I believe that they are leaving around 11:00 a.m. and will return on Friday. Pray that they are challenged and that they have safe travels to and from the camp. We have 11 youth and 2 sponsors going this year!
5. Extended Session Meeting – If you work in extended session or you are interested in working in extended session, please plan to be at this important meeting, Sunday, June 29, 2014 @ 10:15 a.m. in the Worship Center. Hope has some very important items that she needs to discuss with every volunteer of our extended session.
6. Church-wide Picnics – Each year throughout the summer months, we take the last Sunday of each month and have a picnic together. Our first picnic is scheduled for Sunday, June 29th. This first picnic will be at the church from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. The church will provide some drinks, the meat, buns and condiments! We ask that everyone bring side dishes & desserts. Bring your own lawn chairs, games, etc.
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell