Gashland Baptist Church
1. Virginia Bales Funeral – The visitation for Virginia will be Saturday morning, May 24th at 9:30 a.m. in the Worship Center. The Funeral Service will be Saturday, May 24th at 10:30 a.m. The church will host a meal for the family and any friends who would like to visit with the family. The Graveside Service will be conducted on Tuesday, May 27th at 1:30 p.m. at the Barry Cemetery. Thank you for all of your support for the family.
2. Vacation Bible School Planning & Training Meetings – Each Wednesday evening for the next 2 weeks in the month of May, the VBS leaders are asking anyone that is willing to serve in VBS this year to attend these meetings. These meetings will be held each Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m. in room 209. V.B.S. is calendared for June 15-20 and the theme this year is “Weird Animals, Where Jesus’ Love is One-of-a-kind”.
3. Memorial Day Weekend – Don’t forget that all of our Sunday evening activities are being cancelled on Sunday evening, May 25th! Mark your calendars!
4. Youth Fundraiser for Camp – Pizza Ranch in Liberty on May 29th from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. The youth will be cleaning tables and serving all patrons on this evening. They will be receiving 15% of the proceeds that evening, but you must tell the cashier that you are there for the “Gashland Baptist Church Youth”. Invite friends and other family members to come and show support for our youth on this night. The youth are headed to Camp Revolution on June 23-27!
5. June 1st activities – On Sunday, June 1st we will share the Lord’s Supper together in the morning worship service. This is also promotion Sunday, which is a time for our children to promote to their next Sunday School class for the year. On this Sunday evening, the youth will be having “Yuck Nite” in the grassy area across the street. (No one will be harmed in this activity, but they should all have a great time)
- Neighbor to Neighbor – Each year our church puts on a “Free Garage Sale”. We call it Neighbor to Neighbor. We ask that you go through your clothes, small appliances, etc. and see if there are things that you would be willing to donate to the church. About 6-10 people will organize it in the Fellowship Hall and for 3 days they invite area residents to come and take whatever they need. Everyone is given a brochure about our church, Bibles and they are shared with about the love of Jesus! You may bring your donations on June 11 & the Neighbor to Neighbor is held on June 12-14! 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday & Friday & 8:00 a.m. to noon on Saturday! All leftover donations are given to Synergy.
7. Missions to Nebraska – If you are interested in going on a mission trip to Nebraska this summer, see someone on the mission’s team. This is the last week to sign up for this mission’s opportunity. This team is made up of John Guyer, Dawn Kendall, Terry Hensley, Betty Jones & Roxie Pilla. There is really no limit to the number of people that could go on this mission trip, so if you are interested, get on board.
Don’t forget to always welcome all of our guests each week. Don’t assume that someone else is welcoming them or inviting them to come back. Introduce yourself and invite them to your Bible study! God is blessing us with more visitors all of the time, so we need to be good stewards of those that God is bringing into the church.
Love in Christ,
Pastor George McDowell